samedi 27 mai 2023

Philip Schofield: 'Brave' or 'Outrageous'..?

Philip Schofield, TV presenter of a morning breakfast show on ITV, came out 'gay' in Feb 2020, aged 57, and after 27-years of marriage and two daughters.

Quote:

"All you can be in your life is honest with yourself and I was getting to the point where I knew I wasn't honest with myself. I was getting to the point where I didn't like myself very much because I wasn't being honest with myself.

"[Coming out] is my decision. This is absolutely my decision. It was something I knew that I had to do. I don't know what the world will be like now. I don't know how this will be taken or what people will think."

But Schofield said he is not ready yet for a relationship with a man.
BBC Feb 2020

He has now 'stood down' and resigned from ITV completely because it turns out he had a relationship with a young staffer, for whom he'd got the job, although Schofield claims he didn't have sex with him until he was 18 although they first became friends when the boy was twelve and after he'd got the job, not before. The ITV executives claim he lied to them about having the relationship with the teenager.

Quote:

On Friday, Schofield told the Daily Mail he had a “consensual on-off relationship” that was “unwise, but not illegal”.

He admitted that it had happened when he was married to his wife of 30 years, Stephanie Lowe.

He said: “In an effort to protect my ex-colleague, I haven’t been truthful about the relationship.

“But my recent, unrelated, departure from This Morning fuelled speculation and raised questions which have been impacting him, so for his sake it is important for me to be honest now.

“I am painfully conscious that I have lied to my employers at ITV, to my colleagues and friends, to my agents, to the media and therefore the public and most importantly of all to my family. I am so very, very sorry, as I am for having been unfaithful to my wife.
GUARDIAN 27 May 2023.

Not that I am interested in vapid flibbertigibbet showbiz luvvies, what intrigues me about this case is how Schofield was described as 'brave' when he came out gay, left his wife and had an affair with a young intern at his workplace.

Yet when Prince Andrew allegedly had sex with a woman of a similar age he is described as a creepy paedophile. She was 17 in 2000 and Andrew 40 years old, so far less and age gap than Schofield and his 18-year-old. Who believes Schofield 'only had sex when he was 18', and thus legal? 39 years difference for Schofield, 23 for Andrew.

Quote:

Lawyers have accused Prince Andrew of engaging in "extreme and outrageous conduct" with Virginia Giuffre as part of the latest court battle involving the royal.

Describing his actions as "continuous and severe", the Duke of York is alleged to have had sex with Ms Giuffre three times when she was 17 and became a victim at the hands of late paedophile Jeffrey Epstein.
LBC

Why is one supposedly to be congratulated whilst the other is deemed outrageous?


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/hG8ofZp

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire