dimanche 1 mai 2016

73.6% of Statistics are made up

http://ift.tt/IALGWb

Ask yourself the obvious questions:
- who did the primary research on this analysis?
- who paid them? Nobody does this stuff free. You’re either paid up front “sponsored research” or you’re paid on the back-end in terms of clients buying research reports.
- what motives might these people have had?
- who was in the sample set? how big was it? was it inclusive enough?
- and the important thing about data for me … I ingest it religiously. I use it as one source of figuring out my version of the truth. And then I triangulate. I look for more sources if I want a truer picture. I always try to think to myself, “what would the opposing side of this data analysis use to argue its weaknesses?”

Statistics aren’t evil. They’re just a bit like the weather – hard to really predict.

And as they say about economists and weathermen – they’re the only two jobs you can keep while being wrong nearly 100% of the time.
Taken from Mark Suster's original blog.

So when I tell you of just five different Alien races , at least one report is accurate !!!!!


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/1rJYGDT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire