vendredi 1 janvier 2016

Skeptibunkers and Anxious Sheeple: A Challenge.

The 'Mentality of Skeptics' thread was purportedly started to expose the alleged closed-mindedness, cognitive dissonance and denialist approach of many members here.
It quickly became clear that this was not, in fact, the aim of the thread: it was, in fact, another Bigfoot thread.
However, before it was ruled OT, there were a few discussions about alleged examples of this, discussions that I thought were shut down too quickly. Moreover, these kinds of allegations have been made in other threads too, especially in the Conspiracies sub-forum.
I am not alone in repeatedly asking for examples of this, from actual posts by actual members, and so I am starting this thread with this purpose.
I would like to see actual examples of the following, as alleged, repeatedly, by certain members here:
  • Blind obedience to an "Official Story".
  • A refusal to accept evidence for a non-conventional idea or assertion.
  • Cognitive dissonance and/or anxiety caused by a subconscious acceptance of such ideas, coupled by a public disavowal of same.
  • Insulting, aggressive posts that attack the arguer, not the argument. (Probably best to exclude Beachnut from this, really....:) )
  • Pseudo-skepticism.
  • Unqualified, uncritical support for governments, police forces and other establishment organisations.
  • Shilling for corporations or security forces.
If examples are posted here, I and others can look at them. It may be possible that I, and others are doing this without realising how it looks from the other side, in which case I will be perfectly happy to modify my approach and posting style.
On the other hand, if no such examples can be found, then I would like to ask those members responsible to stop making false accusations.
In other words, put up or shut up.


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/1UjKj0I

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire