jeudi 23 octobre 2014

Song of the Fundamentalist

Over the years, I've gotten into it with many fundamentalists who have tried to tell me what to think and how to act. I'd say it's about time I showed them how they come across.





I am a fundamentalist

You know I'm never wrong

My fear is tattooed on my fist

And writ large in this song

I prejudge others from afar

While spouting bigotry

I care not who they really are

They're all like worms to me



I isolate myself in here

With echoes of my mind

And people like myself who fear

Outsiders to our kind

I only read from sources who

Confirm what I believe

Since I won't let opposing views

Disrupt what I've conceived



Whoever doesn't think like me

Is mentally diseased

We cannot let these folks roam free

Their children must be seized

I never said I hate them though

I do this from concern

We have to reconvert them so

They'll acquiesce and learn



The other side is ignorant

My label makes me right

And that's why I will never grant

Them quarter in a fight

So I dismiss the things they say

Upon a passing glance

I'm free to handwave them away

Like reasons for their stance



For years our side has been oppressed

And put through this ordeal

Our persecution can't be stressed

Enough to make it real

We're mocked and jeered and shouted down

There's little we can do

So sick of being tossed around

I'll take it out on you



I'll preach myself into your face

While speaking loud and fast

Until I've put you in your place

And shoved it up your ass

Don't want to listen? I don't care!

I'll do it anyway

Though I was never asked to share

The things I wish to say



The other side, they bear the blame

For all the blood that's spilled

And every crime done in their name

And every human killed

For all the wars and ignorance

For their immoral acts

For hatred and intolerance,

Don't disregard the facts!



The Bible must be word for word

No matter how it's read

Since that's the way it must be heard

When bashed over your head

I won't allow these metaphors

Or symbols to obstruct

The goals for which I use it or

The falsehoods I construct



I'll change the world by bickering

With everyone I see

I'll fight you over anything

If you should disagree

Since anyway, I spend most days

Just screaming like a child

It's easier than finding ways

To work across the aisle



I am a fundamentalist

My views are quite extreme

Though now it's time I told you this

I'm not quite who I seem

Perhaps I'm just some church's pawn?

Or might I be godless?

I never said which side I'm on

So take a wild guess--





via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/1yrYSoK

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire