mardi 26 août 2014

Why is chocolate so painful with aphtae/canker sores/mouth ulcers?

I've had moderate to major aphtae all my life - it doesn't cause huge problems, but the sores are usually large (~1cm or more), last for a long time, and usually occupy my gums, sometimes my cheeks. Also, going to the dentist sucks when you have them. Nothing like randomly yelling from pain when something rubs against your face lightly...



Anyway, certain foods hurt, of course. Spiciness can be a bit annoying, but not that bad. Hot coffee and tea, of course. But NOTHING hurts me as much as chocolate. Chocolate, especially dark chocolate, is absolutely HORRIBLY painful when I have a bad sore, and wincing is absolutely unavoidable when 'enjoying' a pretzel.



I can't figure out what possible component of chocolate could trigger such pain. Does anyone have a clue?





via JREF Forum http://ift.tt/1BZo7li

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire