dimanche 23 février 2014

Religious Accommodations in the Work Place Hypocrisy

Scenario 1: A Muslim clerk refuses to serve alcohol, handle pork products at a supermarket check out, or a Muslim cab driver refuses to drive a passenger with a dog to the airport, citing their religious beliefs.



Half my friends: We have to respect their religious beliefs, it's no big deal to get another person to checkout/serve you/etc, if you don't like this you are Islamaphobic...



Other half of my friends: 9/11! 'Murica! OMG Ponies it's Sharia Law! You shouldn't be able to get out of doing your job because you're a darn Muslin' and so forth and so on.



Scenario 2: The state of Arizona passes a law allowing individual employees to refuse service to gay customers provided they invoke their religious beliefs.



Same half of my friends: Homophobia! Bigotry! Separation of church and state! You shouldn't be able to get out of doing your job because of your religious beliefs!



Same other half of my friends: 'Murica! Praise Baby Jeebus! Religious freedom! People shouldn't have to choose between their jobs and their faith!



Me: *Rubs the bridge of my nose* I think my stroke just had an aneurysm.





via JREF Forum http://ift.tt/1fuJq3M

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire