jeudi 25 juillet 2013

"Full moon disturbs good night sleep": BBC

The BBC have reported this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-23405941



Anecdote warning: A few years ago when it was a full moon my household, one of my teachers and one of my aunties had problems getting to sleep during a full moon. Anecdote warning off: Yes yes I know it's confirmation bias and superstition (correlation =/= causation).



It seems to me that there is a cultural phenomena that the researchers have possibly identified. They do not appear to have ruled out confounding variables such as caffeine intake, stress, being in an unfamiliar bed, medication et cetera. There is also a small sample size. Or of course the report may not have all the detail such as confounding factors, variables etc.



I wonder how long until the woos latch onto this and start making up cobblers about it. Could this article even be considered pseudoscience? What's the skeptical take on this?



PS: Mods I don't know if this belongs under General Paranormal... or Science. Move if it's in the wrong place.





via JREF Forum http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=262768&goto=newpost

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire