This is ironic, since, as a follower of Randi's for some 40 years, I am the one who is usually the skeptic, but...
There is this old video game that I play called Carmageddon. It's a vehicular combat game sort of a cross between racing and a demolition derby.
Since I have been playing this game a long time, I have had plenty of opportunities to examine the artificial intelligence in the game. In fact, I created a YouTube video on the AI in the game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEVp7eptErA
Anyway, I thought the regulars on the Carmageddon forum might be interested in my observations, so I posted a link to the video there.
I expected at most indifference, but I was surprised at how many of the regulars insisted that there was no artificial intelligence at all in the game and that all the examples I had discussed were mere coincidences. In fact, I felt a little bit like a believer arguing the existence of psychic powers to a bunch of skeptics!
Am I delusional about the existence of artificial intelligence in this game?
There is this old video game that I play called Carmageddon. It's a vehicular combat game sort of a cross between racing and a demolition derby.
Since I have been playing this game a long time, I have had plenty of opportunities to examine the artificial intelligence in the game. In fact, I created a YouTube video on the AI in the game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEVp7eptErA
Anyway, I thought the regulars on the Carmageddon forum might be interested in my observations, so I posted a link to the video there.
I expected at most indifference, but I was surprised at how many of the regulars insisted that there was no artificial intelligence at all in the game and that all the examples I had discussed were mere coincidences. In fact, I felt a little bit like a believer arguing the existence of psychic powers to a bunch of skeptics!
Am I delusional about the existence of artificial intelligence in this game?
via JREF Forum http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=270400&goto=newpost
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire