samedi 8 janvier 2022

I'm against blanket statements that are used to vilify republicans

-

And I'm also against blanket statements that are used to vilify democrats, including ones that state as fact that ALL of them are either stupid, communists, or both.

(Obviously, to me anyway, almost anyone saying democrats are communists has no idea what communism really is.)

Although, I will exempt anyone who has actually talked to every republican (or democrat) in the world and can prove that they have, but who here (or anywhere) has done this for real?

FULL DISCLOSURE: I am a registered republican, but I vote based on research and not because of political affiliation. Plus, I did not vote for Trump, but I did find him entertaining and funny, although some of his stances (like the ones about Covid and the BIG lie) were NOT (in any way, shape, or form) entertaining or funny to me.

The only reason I'm registered as a republican is because when I was younger, my grandfather said that when Jackie Gleason switched parties and became a republican, he began to hate him. Before this he thought Jackie was the funniest person alive. I don't know if he was, but that's not the point. The point was that he stopped being funny to my grandfather because of his political affiliation, and I couldn't see how that was possible.

In short, I wanted to make him realize that not all republicans are bad people, and to his credit, he understood exactly where I was coming from, and that's why I still do it to this day.

-


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/3f9yvAV

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire