samedi 24 février 2018

Gauss' Law question/problem

Below is an example from my textbook, Physics for Scientists and Engineers. My friend who graduated a while back joked that it's really a reference book for actual scientists and engineers.

I have trouble understanding the total charge enclosed by the Gaussian surface. In the part marked in red below, intuitively I thought okay since the volume charge density p = Q/V, multiplying that by the Volume of the sphere in the center should leave just the Q, and that's that, but they're multiplying the charge density by the volume of the Gaussian surface it seems.




I'm retaking this course after getting a bad grade years ago, and I don't remember ever correctly deriving an equation for the electric field in a Gauss' Law problem. It's maddening. Call me slow but the examples in this textbook in particular are very hard for me to follow.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg wtf_gauss.JPG (86.9 KB)


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/2GJYiwG

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire