mardi 1 février 2022

Are ANY lefties/progressives really in favor of this?

https://www.dailywire.com/news/biolo...fying-as-woman

TLDR: James Tubbs molested a 10 year old girl in a horrifying act just prior to Tubbs' 18th birthday. DNA evidence did not convict Tubbs until recently. Tubbs also plead guilty. He is now 26. According to this article, the DA decided to try Tubbs as a minor since Tubbs was 17 at the time of the crime, so the maximum sentence is 2 years. Also, Tubbs has declared (since being in custody, not before) that Tubbs now identifies as a woman and is now Hannah Tubbs. The DA has decided that Tubbs should be JAILED WITH FEMALE JUVENILES, even though Tubbs is a biological male and is 26 years old. (sorry for the scare caps but that is the main point of the article).

I became aware of the article because a friend (who used to consider themselves liberal but are now generally disgusted/fearful of what they feel is the current state of liberalism in the US) sent it to me. I feel the subtext is "SEE??", since I still consider myself a very left-leaning person.

The dailywire is a self-proclaimed conservative news source.

I've done some googling and cannot seem to find any center or left-leaning news sources reporting on this.

The DA is described in the article as "far-left". I feel strongly that I am a "far-left" person. I believe in levels of humans rights and freedom of speech that make lots of folks uncomfortable. I believe in tolerance for all types of people, no matter how weird or quirky. I care about marginalized people and trying to get them considered more mainstream.

That said, I am strongly opposed to anything the DA is doing in this case (as reported in the article and others I read, it could all be complete lies). I draw the line at people who hurt people, especially those that hurt children, and at people who try to game a system that is trying to be tolerant and progressive.

My right-leaning friend says - since I disagree strongly with the DA on this - I am an anomaly on the left, or perhaps I'm not what the left is anymore.

My question is, is that true? I know there are lots of lefties on this forum. Does ANYONE agree with what the DA is doing as it is reported in this article?
Is anyone else annoyed that this is what casual folks/fence sitters are told liberalism is?


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/GDMXYS5gL

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire