samedi 14 juillet 2018

My Adventures with a Freeman

A quick introduction:
Back in 2012 I had a sordid fling with a genuine real-life Freeman-on-the-Land; I'll call him 'Ash'.

The time to share this brief chapter of my life would've been around 2013, but I didn't even know this place existed until last year. I did try joining up soon after I found these forums, but had problems registering until recently. I'd almost decided against posting this thread because it seems like the halcyon days of Freemanism are long gone. However, Xterra said in the 'Welcome' thread that I was still welcome to start a new thread. So I decided to post up anyway; worst that can happen is that everyone else thinks I'm beating a dead horse, in which case I'll just stop adding posts here and leave this thread to sink into obscurity. If others are interested then I'll keep adding bits as and when I remember them; don't expect my posts to be added in any order so logical as 'chronological'. And given that this all happened over half a decade ago, don't expect picture-perfect recollections from me.

In spite of the long period of time which has elapsed since all of these events occurred, I still feel I can offer some insights into the thought processes (such as they are) of a freeman/all-round-conspiracy-loon. An example to (hopefully) whet your appetites:

In paragraph 437 of Meads v Meads, Judge Rooke notes that one of the documents provided by Mr Meads bears "the cryptic notation “DLM042011960 SA 01 Registration # 11120912227”." The possible meaning/intended purpose of this kind of 'cryptic notation' is discussed no further in the judgement. Nor could I find such notations discussed anywhere - no "That won't work because ... " on these forums. Not even any "You should add X Notations because Y" instructions on freeman forums. Admittedly I didn't look very hard, so my explanation might already be out there somewhere. Nevertheless:

When Ash was showing me how to send an A4V (I think it was to the leccy company [LC], but it could have been any one of a dozen plus creditors he tried to pull his freeman stunts on), he started by showing me the 'Pay your debt to us now or we'll cut your power off' letter he was replying to. He pointed out the bit in the top left where details like his account number and the date were. In particular, he said I should notice their use of their own 'reference number' [R#].

"They think they can make me use the R# which THEY came up with for their own convenience!" Well, he'd show them; he'd use his OWN made-up R# instead and LC would have to bow to Ash's convenience OR ELSE!

You know what Freemen are like with their "Everyone is trying to trick you into entering a contract!" paranoia. Using LC's R# might somehow have indicated that Ash was agreeing to everything they wanted him to and entering himself into some sort of nefarious contract whereby he agreed to be bound by that infernal Admiralty law. Conversely, if Ash could trick LC into using HIS made-up R#, then THEY would be beholden to HIM and would be forced to something something free leccy for life!

In summary, Ash used a made-up R# for 3 main reasons:
  • To avoid being tricked into a contract.
  • To feel like the 'big man' because THEY are using HIS number, not t'other way around!
  • To try to confuse LC's filing system, causing Ash's letter to get lost somewhere for longer than the 10 days he gave them to reply "Or else they're automatically agreeing to everything I say!"

I'm guessing that Mr Meads's 'cryptic notation' was added for similar reasons.

So, what do you guys think? Do any of you actually want to read about my time with a Freeman, or am I far too late to the party for my stories to be of any interest?


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/2mhc2Xt

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire