lundi 21 mai 2018

Am I being scammed?

Out of the blue I got an email from someone in the UK who claims to have found my name in an ad. He supposedly has a son visiting my part of the country and he wants his son to get 3 two-hour tutoring sessions each week for two weeks.

The problem is, I don't know what ad he's talking about! It's possible I posted my résumé on a jobs site, or craigslist ... but I don't remember doing so.

I'm trying to figure out if there's any angle for a scam. His English did not seem perfect, even though he has an English name, but he wasn't asking for my bank account number or trying to hook me up with a Nigerian prince. It could be just what it seems. I did write back, because I did not see the harm in it. I'm just curious to see if anybody here sees an angle for a scam.

It would be weird if someone were just writing to random people ... because most people aren't tutors ... so in that way it did not see random.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/2GAar6V

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire