samedi 10 février 2018

Estimating punch "power" in combat sports

In many of these casual discussions, I see many posters in MMA forums use
F = ma and simply plug and chug, but I think that's an equivocation. Even the phrase "punching power" seems to suggest something it's not.

I suspect that the more important relation is Impulse and Momentum. I remember from first year physics (not more than a few years ago) these equations were used to study simple collisions.

Could a punch be modeled as a simple elastic collision?

Also, do you think wrist diameter/circumference would affect the amount of energy that could be transferred from the body to the fist? Intuitively to me it makes sense. Within seconds of play-fighting a person with larger, thicker bones than you, you feel physically outgunned and outmatched.


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/2H0Sbou

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire