jeudi 11 mai 2017

Christianity and Self Esteem

In my youth I studied at a senior technical college and at an end of year assembly the following was sung:

These things shall be: a loftier race
Than e'er the world hath known shall rise
With flame of freedom in their souls
And light of knowledge in their eyes.

............


I was sitting next to my born again brother in the assembly who was writhing in his seat with discomfort on hearing the words.

My brother believed man is in essence sinful and unworthy, (sound familiar?), and will only achieve salvation by acknowledging this and accepting Jesus died for us. He could not entertain the idea that man would rise to a higher level on his own.

It seems to me Christians who believe as my brother did must have low self esteem.


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/2q7bxCt

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire