mardi 28 janvier 2014

How many files on your old XP system?

I decided to run a MSE full scan, at low max CPU, during the day. Don't know why, as I run it sometimes overnight with no dramas.



Hours later it was checking the 663,423rd file (roughly) ..... :eek:. I presume this is a grotesque number of files, and the scan had far from finished according to the progress bar.



I looked at some of the filenames flash past - in the C:\WINDOWS area as it happens - and many related to s/w I uninstalled long ago, such as Norton and the like. Uninstalled 'properly' that is, via add/remove programs.



I run a standard disk cleanup every few weeks so I'm guessing a lot of these files aren't candidates for that. Any advice (apart from get a new PC)?



eta: just found a lot of old, neglected restore points ....





via JREF Forum http://ift.tt/1ndJGr7

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire