mardi 20 août 2013

Visual effects software

For a long time, I've been kicking around an idea in my head for an expertimental, surreal short film.



I'm trying to very accurately capture and depict the visual distortions and hallucinations of individuals in various states of consciousness. Think geometric patterns streaming in, around, and through people; grass swelling inward and out as if it were breathing; trees dancing rhythmically like they're trying to climb into the sky; beautiful fractal-like patterns swirling and streaming off the edges of clouds; super-saturated lights growing and shifting hue at their own accord; spiraling form-constants unfolding endlessly; double rainbows, whoa :)



Seems like it would be a fun project, even if I never finish it.



Assuming that I'm already a very experienced software developer with some background in OpenGL and DirectX, how would I even get started doing something like this? Can anyone suggest some decent open-source or inexpensive software I can use to get started?





via JREF Forum http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=264009&goto=newpost

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire