dimanche 18 août 2013

The Lack-Luster Villainy of Diurnal Stargazing

What I want to know most is how bright a star would have to be to be visible during the day. I know this depends on two things:


  • the position of the sun

  • the apparent magnitude of the star




Thus, I want a forumal rather than a number.



As far as I understand, there are optical-wavelength astronomical techniques that are within square arcminutes of the sun by obscuring the disk of the sun. In fact, partial solar "occultation" can be used to observe transit across the sun. So, as a card-holding member of the Guild of Mischievous Intent, I would like to know, again formulaicly not numerically, how large an object would have to be to block the appropriate amount of light to make a star visible during the day.





via JREF Forum http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=263935&goto=newpost

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire