mercredi 21 août 2013

Religion and Romantic Love

I have been in the dating game again and one thing I have noticed that I haven't in the past is that at least anecdotally, those women who are religious have concepts of romantic love.



Do others think religion and concepts of romantic love go together?



I also see commercials for "Christian Mingle" and see mottos like "God's choice for you" blah, blah (and throwup).



My last partner, was an atheist and humanist and certainly didn't have romantic ideals. This is not to say that she didn't like romance, but she didn't have ideals of love at first sight etc. However, some of the women I have gone out with seem to have those kind of expectations (not all but those who clearly define themselves as religious and none are fundamentalist because I would have not gone out with them, they are more like cafeteria Christians, picking and choosing what they want to believe in).



I have been thinking about this a while, but I don't have any good data but do religious people tend to be idealistic? It seems to me that they are and have to be to hold to their religion.





via JREF Forum http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=264080&goto=newpost

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire