vendredi 2 août 2013

Religion and Frozen Yogurt

In this article, the author takes his daughter to a popular frozen yogurt business, "Sweet Frog," and unwittingly patronizes a business that passed his daughter a religiously themed sticker.



Sweet Frog; Fro-Yo with a side of God. Wait, what?




Quote:








Originally Posted by Sweet Frog; Fro-Yo with a side of God. Wait, what?

Once seated, she plunked the sticker down in front of me and asked if she could put it on her shirt. I picked it up and started to peel the backing off, but as I glanced at the sticker, I realized that what my daughter was handed was not just any 3×5 pink and green sticker with some cute frogs on it. Rather, it was a piece of religious propaganda with the words “Fully Rely On God” in bold font up front and center, clearly meant to open the discussion of religion between my child and I.




I read this on a friend's Facebook wall, and this person is Wiccan. I asked her if the business was pagan owned, whether or not she would approve of them passing out pentacles instead, or a Buddhist business passing out incense sticks. I would say the business owner has the right to pass out whatever they want to, for better or worse. I never got an answer to that first question.



I am here to ask the skeptical community at JREF what they think. Is this fundamentalism gone mad? Do these businesses have the right to do this? Would the author react in a similar manner if a different religion were represented?





via JREF Forum http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=263189&goto=newpost

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire