jeudi 22 août 2013

Opinions

As I get older I find less need to be right. This may be because I am only passing through and ultimately it matters not in the grand scheme of things. Also anything outside of the scientific or mathematical cannot be falsified so one can never be absolutely certain of the validity of a particular opinion. So I find myself being more open to the opinions of others. For me it is not about who or what you are but what you have to say. And I am more interested in the opinions of those that may fundamentally disagree with mine. It is a wonderful exercise in open mindedness to be able to do this. One does not have to agree with those opinions but to consider them at least. For no one after all has a monopoly on wisdom. All opinions should be regarded. All should equally be surgically taken to pieces too as that is the only way to determine their validity. But one should avoid any ego stroking in possessing the right ones. After all only scientific and mathematical ones can be truly right or wrong as I have mentioned. For me it therefore not about that. To paraphrase Kipling: if you can treat those twin imposters of being right and being wrong with equal contempt then you are a man my friend and much more besides. Interested to see what the opinions of others are on this





via JREF Forum http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=264167&goto=newpost

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire