vendredi 23 août 2013

Not sure I agree with the logic here...

I came across this t-shirt, and while the idea is nice, I don't think I agree with the gist of the presentation.



Bono sings "I can't live, with OR without you", whereas the t-shirt seems to imply that he meant something along the lines of "I can't live at the intersection of with you and without you". In other words it implies that Bono can indeed live with you, can also live without you, but cannot live simultaneously with AND without you. Which, of course, seems to be pretty much the case for everyone and borders on being somewhat tautological or at least self evident.



IMO, the Venn diagram needs to be redrawn. Also, since there is no clear way to know (outside of asking Bono directly) a decision would need to be made as to whether or not he intended the exclusive OR.



What do you think? Is the t-shirt correct or incorrect? What did Bono mean when he sang this line?





via JREF Forum http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=264197&goto=newpost

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire