vendredi 16 août 2013

My problem with gun control is staying on target

My problem is that I seem to be anticipating the recoil and keep hitting down and to the left with my new Beretta PX4 SC .40 SW.



At 50 feet, with a silhouette target, I'm pretty much taking out the right arm around the wrist to elbow area (left side of target from shooting view) when aiming for center chest.



Got some snap caps that should be delivered today so I can "dry" fire. Beretta says not to dry fire without them or firing pin can be damaged.



Gonna try using them a lot while home. My youngest son (Officer with local area Metro police) suggested placing a round (preferably inert type) near the front sight, tip up, while dry firing as a method of testing how smooth I'm pulling the trigger (if it stays there through the trigger pull, the pull is pretty smooth). He also suggested that my little finger could be an issue. Basically it can cause the shooter to tilt the gun, and with it's point of leverage it can be a pretty large effect. So I'll be trying to watch for that.



I hope using the snap caps and being able to see what I'm doing with no recoil to confuse the picture will help me correct whatever I'm doing. Hopefully shooting a few hundred times like that will help me get in the practice of not dipping the barrel when firing.



The only thing I've shot in the last 10 years or so has been my Ruger Super-Single-Six. A dual cylinder .22 target pistol with a 6 inch barrel (one cylinder for standard .22 rounds, short, long, long rifle. Another for .22 magnum). I can still get a nice group of 6 in the head of the silhouette with it, so I am capable of putting shots where I want them. I'm just screwing up with this new gun.



I was able to get a few shots in the chest, but they were like the first one of a magazine, or if I had really taken my time to try to let the shot surprise me, so I'm pretty sure it's me and not the gun. And that was very hard to repeat without taking a very long time between shots. I'm talking minutes, not seconds.



Anyway if any shooters out there have any other suggestions I'd love to read them.



This seemed like the most appropriate area for this. If I'm wrong I obviously have no problem with a Mod. moving it.



Perhaps a shooters discussion site would be better, but not looking for another place to spend too much time at right now :)





via JREF Forum http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=263876&goto=newpost

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire