samedi 3 août 2013

Letter to the Editor: Sylvia Browne not welcome here

This is a commentary I posted to the website of the radio station where I work upon learning that Sylvia Brown is coming to town.:jaw-dropp



Sylvia Browne, the self-described “psychic” who told the mother of kidnapping victim Amanda Berry that her daughter was “not alive,” is scheduled to appear in Bismarck in late October.



I have a very high opinion of the folks who operate the Civic Center; they have done a fine job over the years in bringing quality entertainment to our town.



That being said, I must protest the decision to book Sylvia Browne.



Ms. Browne is a charlatan who preys on the bereaved. Browne, along with people like John Edward and James Van Praagh, are flim-flam artists who use mind tricks to convince vulnerable people that they can communicate with the dead.



I have experienced my share of personal grief in my life, and know first-hand how crushing the loss of a loved one can be. I fully understand how desperate and vulnerable a person can be at such a time.



But I would urge you in the strongest terms possible not to turn to people like Sylvia Browne for the answers. They’re only interested in your money.



If you agree that Sylvia Browne has no business bringing her “act” to Bismarck, I hope you will contact the Civic Center and respectfully register your protest. Again, the folks who run the Civic Center and book these acts are good people; please be cool about it.



Your input is welcome.






Jim Walsh

KLXX Radio SuperTalk 1270

Bismarck, ND





via JREF Forum http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=263261&goto=newpost

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire