mercredi 14 août 2013

I could use a little help, please..

Hello Forum! I've been a lurker in JREF for many years, but this will be my first time posting (I think..) I will try to be brief.



I recently got into a lengthy debate with a friend of mine, who is studying alternative medicine, and wishes to be a homeopath. They have not vaccinated their younger school age children. They believe that the oldest child was "damaged" by vaccines, and that vaccines cause autism.



I of course, GREATLY disagree with these things, and up until now they haven't really bothered me because we are friends. But they decided to open that can of worms with me.



They tried to convince me that the Amish don't have autism, and even sent me a link to an article that basically says that yeah, Amish people don't have autism because they have a "super gene" or some such thing. Can anyone help me research this, as I haven't come up with anything useful.



And also the homeopathy issue. Even though I tried to explain about the water memory thing being bunk, I was told I don't understand how water works. :rolleyes:



And also the fluoride debate. Are their any posts on here about that? Any opinions?



Thanks so much in advance folks for any information you can give me. You are all invited 'round for coffee/tea and the pastry of your choice!





via JREF Forum http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=263792&goto=newpost

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire