lundi 12 août 2013

How can I tell if my strainer is stainless steel?

I started making fermented foods and drinks again and use a wire-net metal strainer to strain out various fruits, kefir grains, sprouts, and other ingredients in my concoctions. Thing is, most metals, with the exception of stainless steel can react badly with some of the ingredients I use, especially since the juices and brines can get very acidic and leach harmful metals if they are in contact with metal objects.



This can leave a metallic taste and/or possibly ruin what I am trying to make. So is there a way to tell if my strainers are stainless steel or not? While I could use plastic strainers, I think the plastic chemicals could also pose similar problems.





via JREF Forum http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=263712&goto=newpost

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire