mardi 20 août 2013

Hate-filled letter sent to family of autistic boy

A few days ago someone posted a picture of a letter supposedly sent by "one pissed-off mother!!!!" to the grandmother of a young autistic boy on my Facebook feed; I hadn't seen any threads about it here so I thought I'd bring it up. It's since been confirmed to be true; the family lives in Ontario, Canada, and the young boy in question is 13 years old with severe autism. The letter in question can be found on Twitter here if you really want to read such a mindless, bigoted, hate-filled rant.



It truly makes me sick to think that someone would ever send such a letter. The boy's mother in this case is unable to take her son to parks or other outdoors locations because she suffers from Multiple Sclerosis, and his father works, so the grandmother's backyard gives the boy a place to run and play outside where he isn't at risk of harming himself. The letter actually tells the family to euthanize the poor child and donate his "non-retarded" body parts to science, for Pete's sake! Thankfully, despite what the letter says, the neighborhood seems to be rallying around the family and is actively trying to determine who sent the letter, and the police are trying to determine if any crime has been committed.



I find it hard to believe that any mother could write such a callous letter; maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part, but I'm really hoping that we find out that some random teenager wrote the letter as a prank, because if a mother actually wrote that.... I pity her children, and fear what they will become with such an example set for them.





via JREF Forum http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=264035&goto=newpost

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire