vendredi 2 août 2013

Dendrochronology and Radiocarbon dating

Hey, skeptical fellas!



In debating people who go for pseudo-history and pseudo-linguistics stuff, I noticed they beat up a lot on the dating methods. What they usually say is this - dendrochronology is questionable, while Radiocarbon dating is checked against dendrochronology.



My initial findings in Wikipedia have confirmed that. Wikipedia did briefly say that radiocarbon dating is checked against some other things, but nothing specific.



My questions are these:



1. Can you point me to resources that can shed light on the matter?

2. Is dendrochronology and radiocarbon method independent?

3. Where can I see the list of dating methods and are those independent?





via JREF Forum http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=263193&goto=newpost

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire